Not many people are aware that dogs can not have very many milk products. They commonly upset the stomach of the dog and can have adverse effects.
Here is a dog safe “ice cream” to try for your pup:
You will need:
- 1/4 to 1 cup (59.14- 236.59 mL) plain unflavored yogurt (none of the artificially flavored stuff, that stuff isn’t good for your dog)
- 1/4 cup (59.14 mL) fruit or one whole of the larger fruits of your choice (NO grapes, raisins, avocados, figs, oranges, or lemons ,try to keep the pits of pitted fruits away as well ) I used strawberries, bananas, and vanilla extract in mine
- **If choosing to use extracts in yours (vanilla, strawberry, etc) use about a splash of it**
- can use carob powder (dog safe chocolate powder) as another flavor use 2 tsp (9.86 mL)
- clean the fruits you are going to use in this recipe
- cut the fruits/ flavoring into small pieces (the smaller the better)
- Mix up the fruit/ flavoring and the yogurt in a small bowl
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin (small or large, size doesn’t matter)
- Place the muffin tin with the mixture into the freezer and let it sit for 4 to 6 hours or until solid
- Give the treat to Fido on a hot day and he will gladly thank you for it.