- Ear cleaner
- Gauze or cotton balls (q-tips are not recommended)
- a willing (or not so willing) participant (your pet)
- Place a good amount of ear cleaner in the animal’s ear
- Massage the base of the ear so you hear a squishy sound (if you don’t hear a squishy sound add a little more ear cleaner)
- Allow the animal to shake it’s head
- Clean out the visible gunk that you see in the ears.
- If you believe there is more debris in the ear, go back to step one and repeat the process until all clean.
- If you notice any pus, signs of irritation, or any unpleasant odor, please visit your vet to get a check up and see that everything is okay.